I booked a session. What is next?
Q: What if it rains?
I keep a close eye on the weather report and will email you a few days before the session if the report is looking iffy. Don’t be discouraged from booking an outdoor family photo in the winter, however. The cloud cover can be a blessing for flattering photos without the harsh sunlight creating shadows. Some of my favorite photos I’ve taken were right before the rain started – or during! This is where a cute umbrella will make a great prop, and really give your photo a Seattle stamp of authenticity.
Q: Why do I have to pay more for extra people in my session?
I like to take time with every individual in the session. More people equal more time. More time means more photos I need to sort through, edit and store on my hard drive.
Q: What equipment do you use?
I’ll just put it out there. I’m a Nikon girl. I shoot with a Nikon d600. My favorite lens right now is my 24-70mm f/2.8. I also love my 50mm f 1.4 and my 85mm f/1.4. Sometimes I pull out a reflector or scrim to modify the light, but I try to use as little gear as possible. I may pull out a film camera during our session too, as I am trying to experiment with film more. Nothing beats the look of film!
Q: How far do you travel for sessions?
I live in the seaside community of Three Tree Point. My neighborhood is twenty minutes south of downtown Seattle in the suburb of Burien. Travel fees will apply to locations greater than 50 miles from 98166. I do like to travel so I promise to be very reasonable if you’d like to fly me somewhere!
Good to note
- All products (not your session fee) are taxed at 9.5% in accordance with local tax laws.
- Portrait session deposit is nonrefundable but may be used to hold a different session date if 24 hour notice is given. Online galleries are posted and active for 3 months.
- Travel fees will apply to locations greater than 50 miles from 98166. I do like to travel so please inquire regarding my travel rates.
- Client is responsible for location fees if applicable.
- Fees for returned checks will be the customer’s responsibility.
- Ordered images only are archived for one year after your session date.
- Out of area and commercial commissions are available.
- Policies, fees and pricing posted here are the most current and supercede any other print or web material.
- For sleepy newborn photos schedule when babies are 0-10 days old.
- Specialty items take up to 6 weeks.